The Television Academy, based in the NoHo Arts District in North Hollywood, California, is a nonprofit organization devoted to celebrating and empowering storytellers to push the boundaries of what Television can be. The only major organization fully representing the television and broadband screen entertainment industry, it is made up of over 23,000 members, representing 30 professional peer groups, including performers, directors, producers, art directors and various other artisans, technicians and executives.
The Television Academy recognizes excellence among its peers with the Emmy award, culminating in the Primetime Emmy Awards telecast each fall. The Television Academy also produces several other awards shows and a variety of activities and events for its members throughout the year. These events are featured across the Academy's digital platforms and in its award-winning emmy magazine.
It is the Television Academy's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Television Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking qualified candidates for these positions:
Coordinator, Social Media
Summary of Position:
This is a temporary position projected to work from Mid-June to Mid-October. The individual will work in our offices in North Hollywood, California.
The social media platforms of the Television Academy are highly visible aspects of the digital and brand marketing program, and as such, it is crucial that good judgment and sound strategy are employed every time they are engaged.
Under the direction of the Social Media Manager, the Social Media Coordinator has secondary responsibility for the expression, control and protection of the Television Academy brand across all community-based platforms as part of our award-winning department. The Social Media Coordinator helps develop and primarily executes engagement strategies for the Television Academy and its properties across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, and other profiles, and is involved in the day-to-day management of the content and communities on these social platforms. The Coordinator helps to monitor fan chatter among social media accounts and engages/moderates as necessary to help protect the integrity of the brand. The Coordinator suggests new and innovative ways to engage members, prospective members, and fans of television through social media. The Coordinator helps to measure and analyze regular metrics reports and functional requirements and stays abreast of developments and emerging platforms in the realm of social media
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes and manages the implementation of the organization's social media strategies to drive reach and engagement around Academy activities, awards and partners.
- Creates engaging social media content in alignment with the Academy digital and marketing strategy, taking advantage of platform-specific opportunities; determine deliverables, timelines, and execution standards for social media campaigns and day-to-day content management.
- Manages consumer engagement and community interactions across all social media platforms, maintaining the highest standards of brand voice and spirit; works with Digital and Marketing executives to determine appropriate responsiveness to community inquiries.
- Works with Digital and Marketing teams to ensure social media content is executed with suitable graphics, relevant hashtags where applicable, and in line with the Academy's broader promotional calendar.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to ensure social media campaigns are executed in coordination with PR strategies and partner plans.
- Works with the Executive Producer, Digital to identify and develop risk mitigation strategies and practices for social media management.
- Creates and distributes weekly and monthly activity reports to key stakeholders on consumer engagement, relevant social media activities and issues, and campaign impacts.
- Sets and analyzes engagement metrics in comparison to activity-based goals, and translate into recommendations for revising social media tactics and/or measuring the success of social media initiatives; champion audience trends and expectations through audience insights and knowledge of best practices in social media management.
- Keeps abreast of developments and emerging platforms in social media to ensure the organization maintains an optimal social channel mix.
- Protects company assets through the proper management of asset files and adherence to company policy with regard to information security and management.
- Performs other duties as required and/or requested.
- 1-2 years of experience managing branded social media platforms
- Entertainment experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, Keynote and Adobe Premiere
- Exceptional editorial and proofreading skills
- Highly proficient with the functionality of the existing assortment of social media platforms (specifically Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and Tumblr) and understanding of these for the purposes of brand marketing
- Understanding of consumer engagement behavior in social media
- Experience with social media content creation, including video, photo, and story posts
- Strong comprehension of contemporary methodologies for social media tracking, aggregation and analysis
- Highly self-motivated and directed; exceptional project management skills; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and multi-tasking; outstanding organization and time management skills
- Ability to compile and analyze data, and develop metrics to support decision-making and resource allocation for social media efforts/campaigns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact well throughout the organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Active listening skills and ability to follow directions (hear, process and understand)
- Demonstrates maturity, tact and diplomacy; flexible and adaptable.
- Availability to work evenings and/or weekends to participate in or cover Academy events.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience in journalism or communications required.
Qualified applicants should submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com
Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships
Summary of Position
This position reports to the Senior Director, Corporate Partnerships. In this role, you will perform administrative support and work with the corporate partnership department in reaching and exceeding its annual goals by playing a vital role in the planning and execution of contractually obligated sponsorship deliverables of the Television Academy's corporate partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the senior director and senior manager to ensure Television Academy corporate partners are receiving the highest level of account care and service
- Communicate advertising deadlines, collect materials and track sponsor inventory
- Work collaboratively with internal departments including marketing, event production, publicity and digital, etc. to accomplish sponsor objectives and meet departmental deadlines
- Develop and cultivate relationships with corporate partners through email, phone and in-person contact
- Coordinate, troubleshoot and assist in the successful execution of corporate partner activations at Television Academy events including Governors Ball, Performers Nominee Reception, Emmys Red Carpet, Media Center, etc.
- Create effective sales presentations and end-of-year re-cap reports
- Research, identify and target new corporate partners and categories
- Represent the Television Academy with professionalism, integrity and honesty internally and at all activities and events where attendance is required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience with a media, sports or agency organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop skills are a plus
- People person; demonstrated ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Strong attention to detail, effective follow-up and follow through required
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as necessary
- Availability to work nights and weekends as necessary
Please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org